SAPICA is the most important international trade fair for footwear and leather goods in Latin America and the second most important in the Americas. It is the largest commercial showcase in the Mexican footwear and leather goods industry, with over 97,000 products exhibited across 10 pavilions.
This prestigious trade fair, which is the pride of León, Guanajuato, brings together the best manufacturers, and allows hundreds of brands to gather in one place alongside 90% of the national footwear offering.
The event showcases a large variety of lines with countless models and styles, including cowboy boots, casual boots, tennis shoes, flats, sandals, moccasins, school footwear, specialized niche footwear, such as orthopedic and clinical footwear, footwear for diabetics, slippers, safety shoes, as well as sport shoes for golf and cycling.
With regard to leather goods and clothing, SAPICA also brings together the best of jackets, pants, vests, skirts, bags, backpacks, briefcases, wallets, belts and other accessories.
The diversity of materials is also another attractive aspect of the fair, since one can find products for all tastes, ranging from those made from calf, goat or pig skins to more exotic skins, or those manufactured with synthetics and textiles.
SAPICA has become the commercial force for internationalizing the Mexican footwear and leather goods industry, as it is the best opportunity for international buyers from different distribution channels to discover what manufacturers have to offer in terms of quality, flexibility and capacity to respond to their needs. To this regard, the exhibition has created strategies with different focuses:
- The internationalization of our industry through the involvement of a guest country every year, with the aim of strengthening business relationships with countries with market potential that can develop business settings within the Mexican industry. The guest country for both events this year is Canada.
- Promoting Knowledge, which adds value to the experience of national and international exhibitors and buyers. Thanks to the Knowledge Pavilion, SAPICA has become a true Footwear Convention, a meeting point for discussing mutual topics of interest for the entire production and supplier chains of leather goods, footwear and their trade, bringing the most important added value for business: knowledge and generating new ideas for business development.
- SAPICA is also a synonym for Fashion and Design. The fashion shows create a great platform for promoting talent of brands with innovative proposals linked to Mexican designers. At this event, our main fashion show México es Moda will include brands such as Armando Takeda, Bernarda and Simple by Trista. This show, that is a launchpad for footwear, has now become of one of the most important events in our city and is a valuable experience for our national and international buyers.
When SAPICA first began, it was a roadshow that took place once a year. Since 1982, the Organizing Committee has hosted two annual events, one to exhibit Spring-Summer seasonal trends and another for the Fall-Winter season.
Now 45 years and 80 events later, the Leather and Footwear Fair has 45m2 of exhibition space, 850 exhibitors, over 2,000 stands, 9 pavilions with different types of products such as haute couture, casualwear, women’s dresswear, sportswear, developing companies, children’s wear, western wear and leather goods, as well as the new Knowledge Pavilion.
SAPICA is an important international forum for business meetings and a detonator of economic development of the region and strengthens the growth of the Fashion and Footwear Cluster in Mexico.
This trade show will continue to take place as the result of the combined efforts and intentions of countless people, and as a reflection of a united, innovative and competitive industry.
We look forward to seeing you August 27 – 30 at Poliforum León, Guanajuato, Mexico!
Did you know?
- 61% of buyers that attend SAPICA want to learn about new trends.
- 56% are looking for new suppliers
- 44% are looking for a variety of products
- 36% are looking for a variety of brands
- 92% of buyers intend to return to the next SAPICA event.
- The country’s most important clients buy an average of 54% of footwear with manufacturers that exhibit at SAPICA.
- 32% of buyers attend SAPICA with 80% of their available purchases budget.
- An average of 200 international companies visit SAPICA, mainly from the USA, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Spain, France and Japan.